Saturday, March 27, 2010

Quentin Tarantino's Final Four Prediction

Happy 47th birthday to the man behind the brilliance of Pulp Fiction, Quentin Tarantino.

The relevance of this to the NCAA Tournament, and this weekends Elite 8 games is shaky, they have about as much in common as Audrey Hepburn washing a car while embattled former USC coach, Tim Floyd, brushes his hair. Now that you are confused, let's talk about my picks to go to the Final Four.

East Region
I really don't know what else to say, I picked Kentucky to go to the Final Four in my bracket, and I am sticking with my guns. I think West Virginia will turn the game tonight into a slugfest that only a University of Tennessee team would know about, but in the end, I think Kentucky will be too much for the Mountaineers.
Winner: Kentucky

West Region
I really want to pick Butler to win and go back to their hometown for the Final Four, it's a great story and their coach, Brad Stevens, doesn't look much older than me. As bad as I want to pick Butler, I had Kansas State going in my bracket, so once again, I will stick with that selection. Kansas State will be just too much in the athleticism department, my heart says Butler, but my head says Kansas State.
Winner: Kansas State

South Region
Baylor has came a long way from the tragedy and controversy that plagued the team in 2003, Scott Drew has done something remarkable in Waco, and should be applauded. In this game, we're going to see two great defensive teams, Baylor looked great against Saint Mary's last night in the Sweet 16, but Duke has looked great all the way through the tournament thus far. I'm sticking with the trend and picking who I had in my bracket, Duke is heading to Indy.
Winner: Duke

Midwest Region
I don't think I am the only person who would have never thought that Tennessee vs. Michigan State would been the Midwest regional final, but one thing I have learned over the years in filling out a bracket is that you never go against Michigan State, I put them in the Final Four nearly every year, but this year, I went in another direction, thanks a lot Georgetown. Now, Tennessee, the job that Bruce Pearl has done this season is nothing short of amazing, they have defeated the #1 and 2 teams this season after losing their leading scorer, and now, to top it all off, they are in the Elite 8. Normally, it would be a no brainer for me, I never pick against Tom Izzo, but with the loss of Kalin Lucas and the great story of the Volunteers, it makes this decision a tough one. I'm gonna go with the SEC, and go with Tennessee to be the 2nd school from a so called bad basketball conference to reach the Final Four this season.
Winner: Tennessee

Your thoughts.

1 comment: