Sunday, March 14, 2010

First impressions on the NCAA tournament

I just got home from my spring break vacation. I wanted to give some quick thoughts on the NCAA bracket that came out this evening, since I didn't get to make a post yesterday. Tyler will be along tomorrow for a more thorough breakdown of the Big Dance.

Let's go ahead and get the UK talk out of the way. Most Kentucky fans will be upset with UK's draw in the tournament, and I can't disagree. Texas in the 2nd round is VERY scary. Many will argue that we shouldn't be in the same region as West Virginia (who I thought deserved to be a #1 seed themselves).

Am I the only one that thinks Duke might lose to Louisville in the 2nd round? Most people are saying that Duke got a cakewalk to the Final Four. But I honestly don't think that Duke is good enough to have an easy road to the FF, no matter who they play.

Syracuse got their #1 seed despite being on a 2 game losing streak and bowing out of the Big East tourney in their opening game. West Virginia, on the other hand, was already ranked #6 in the polls and went on to win the Big East tournament. Not only did 'Cuse get a #1 seed, but I personally believe that they were the team that got the easiest road to the Final Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment