Friday, March 19, 2010

Day 1

Day 1 of the NCAA tournament was exciting, captavating, and very surprising. Five double-digit seeds won yesterday, the most to win since 1991, on a first round day; three overtime games, already surpassing last year's number, and the power conference fell hard.

Here are some of my opinions on day one:

- The Big East when 1-3, this seems like the falling of the great wall of China to some, but I don't find it odd. The Big East was much better last year boasting three number one seeds. This year, it was more suceptible to fall. First of all, this is a conference where teams beat and batter each other all year and the conference tourney this year was a "leg killer"! Georgetown played four games in four days last week, Marquette played three, and Notre Dame played three as well. I know they had a week to "loosen back up", but that is a lot of wear and tear. These teams just looked flat out tired on the court. You could tell it as well, G'Town didn't have the legs to play there usually brutal man to man, result they give up 97 points to 9 seed out of the MAC: Ohio. Luke Harangody only scores 4 points in the 51-50 loss to ODU, talk about no legs! Villanova, however, did pick up a win over Robert Morris, in overtime! Villanova came in losing 5 out of 7 and still got a two seed, but that's another story.

This year the Big East was proof that having too many teams in a conference can cause a fatiguing schedule and quick exits in the NCAA tournament.

- I am glad I went back on the Vandy pick. Every year, they play well at the first of the season and die at the end! I guess in my simple little head I thought they would show up this year, glad I smartened up quickly! Kevin Stallings, SEC coach of the year; don't even get me started on that subject. It's official the Vanderbilt Commodores are the Buffalo Bills of the NCAA tournament year after year. THEY CHOKE!

- Finally, Billy D and his fighting Gators. LOL they were really a nice at-large team in this tourney, not! Way to get beat by a mid-major on a neutral court. I bet Billy D wishes he was in New Orleans, with John Wall, and the boys living it up; but no, he's now heading back to Gainsville getting ready to take the NJ Nets phone calls. I can see it now, Billy D. goes up to New Jersey, decides to take the job, gets food poisoning at Coney Island, and decides to head back to Gainsville.

I guess I got a little off subject there, haha. Simply put, No more Noah, Brewer, Green, and Horford= 20-12 seasons, barely or not getting in the tourney year after year, and early exits. U of F can keep him and his pit stains. Better start recruiting Billy D. or this is going to be a revolving door that will never close.

- Day two, more havoc, more excitment, more great games! This guy can't wait!

Until Next Time Adios!

2 comments:

  1. I hear that billy Dovovan goes to the animal shelter, adopts a puppy, then beats it with all the free memorabilia he recieved from the Magic, then he and Bruce Pearl have a wet T Shirt contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear that Billy D. and Joakim Noah go to dance clubs in Chicago, and everybody walks up to him and asks,"Mr. Pitino, can I have your autograph?" lol

    ReplyDelete