Friday, March 19, 2010

Mock Draft 1.0 (Cont.)

Well played Borders, the duel is on! I will win the rubber match! haha

First off, I believe I am going to have to refute my number 6 pick from yesterday. Neil, can do the same as well as free agent signings come about. I am changing the pick after the recent trade and signing of Charlie Whitehurst? Why do that, I have no clue but whatever floats Carroll's boat. Taking on a chance on a career backup, young or not, is risky. However, here is where I see the Seahawks going now instead of taking Clausen.

6. Seattle Seahawks- C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson. Neil has him going 14, but I see the Seahawks going ahead and pulling the trigger on this pick at 6. Spiller, is the best running back in this draft and will be a big help from the 26th ranked rushing offense that the Seahawks had a year ago. This will help take some pressure off Hasselback to make 40-45 passes a game. Good pick up at 6 for the Seahawks.

- Now 9-16

9. Buffalo Bills- Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame. Clausen will stay at this pick on my board, the Bills need a QB for the future and I think Clausen, like I said yesterday, has already played in a pro system and will adapt quickly to coverages in the NFL. Clausen is precisely what the Bills need; I also think it is the right choice here, I mean he isn't going to go straight out and perform, but he has more upside than J.P. Losman had when the Bills drafted him. I don't think Ryan Fitzpatrick is the answer either.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars- Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida. Look for this upstart end to stay in the same state he played in college. He is dynamic and cut out of the Mario Williams breed. It may take him a year, but his upside, down the road, is what the Jags are looking for. They have Derrick Harvey and Aaron Kampan, so Pierre-Paul can learn and is great value at this pick.

11. Denver Broncos- Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State. With Brandon Marshall getting ready to leave "Rocky Mountain High, Colorado" Bryant is a nice addition at this pick. Marshall leaving will hurt, and Bryant is risky here since he hasn't played an organized game since January; however, they need help quickly. He is a downfield threat that the Broncos will need, not to mention he is the top WR prospect on my board.

12. Miami Dolphins- Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee. Miami has picked up Karlos Dansby in the off-season to fill their linebacker needs, look for Miami to booster its D Line here with Williams. He presents a big frame who can rush the passer and stop the run. Brian Price could go at this pick, but I have Williams rated higher, and I think he is a better value pick for the Dolphins.

13. San Francisco 49ers- Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa. I was torn between whether the niners would go CB at this pick or want to boost their line. With this being a draft full of talent at the tackle position look for the niners to go this way and pick a CB later on in the draft. Bulaga has been at the forefront of the Iowa running attack for the last two years and I believe Frank Gore will welcome him with open arms.

14. Seattle Seahawks- Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma. Another tackle, what a shock lol! Williams will fill in nicely for departing Walter Jones. He has the tools to step right in and help the sixth pick in the draft: Spiller, make an immediate impact. This is the RT of the future for the Seahawks.

15. New York Giants- Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama. Did you see McClain in the national championship game? He's an animal at stopping the run and can stunt from the LB position, perfect fit for the Giants. Now that Antonio Pierce is "gone like the wind", McClain is also the tackler they need at the ILB position. Speed isn't the only thing in football, and this player is an absolute, through and through "football player". I'm going to go out on a limb and list him as my favorite for defensive rookie of the year.

16. Tennessee Titans- Sergio Kindle, LB, Texas, He's undersized, but tough as nails; Kindle brings great run-stopping ability to the Titans and can get after the QB.

17-24 coming up!

Until next time, Adios

2 comments:

  1. Agree on the Seattle/Whitehurst thing. I would've just kept Seneca Wallace if I were going to go that route.

    On talent alone, Spiller is definitely good enough to get drafted that high. NFL teams are leaning toward a trend of not taking runningbacks early in the draft. No RB was taken until #12 last year. In '08, McFadden was the only RB taken in the top 12 and he's a bust.

    I watched Dan Williams at the Combine and thought he looked like a stud. He's more of a 3-4 nose tackle judging by his size alone, different than McCoy and Suh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seattle won't want to wait, he may not drop to 14. Carroll will pull the trigger.

    That is what the Dolphins run, they want to lineup in base 3-4 that is why I see him picked at that spot, if not he could drop.

    ReplyDelete