Monday, April 5, 2010

10 Reasons to Hate Duke


10. Unattractive Girls- Go ahead, call me shallow, vein, a jerk, or whatever, but let's face it, Duke has some ugly chicks. When looking at girls who are in college, I don't picture Laura Bush with a Cameron Crazies T-shirt on.

9. Private School- I'm sure anyone who has attended a public university can have a little hate for a private, trust fund school, Duke is a prime example.

8. Cameron Indoor Stadium- I am sick and tired of hearing about how great of a building that place is, it's a dump, it holds about 9,000 people and the announcers sit on a cat walk, not counting the fact that it looks like a Cathedral from the outside.

7. Student Body/Uninformed Fanbase- The majority of the students at Duke University who call themselves "Crazies", probably have no clue about anything concerning the history or present of the game of basketball. As bad as I hate to say it, Lin, the Accounting major from Taiwan, is probably not the basketball guru of his time.

6. Floor Slapping- This should be self explanatory, is it really necessary to slap the floor after every, pass, dribble, shot, charge, defensive stop and water break in the game of basketball? Duke's men's basketball team spends more time with their hands on the floor than Pamela Anderson on a boat.

5. White Guys- Why so many?

4. J.J. Redick/Jon Scheyer/Kyle Singler/Steve Wojciechowski/Shain Battier- Why do you take so many charges? Then why do you slap the floor? But most importantly, why make that face as if you have been castrated with a dull butter knife every time you are in a position of agony or strain?

3. Arrogance- Duke players have acted like they have been blessed by God, as if they are the disciples of Christ, walking the Earth in search of a chick rated 4 on a scale of 1 to 10 while playing basketball and whining to every person in a black and white striped shirt.

2. Coach K- I'll be the first to tell you that, Mike Krzyzewski is a great coach, there is no doubting that, but I will also tell you that the sight, sound and thought of him repulses me. Whether it's the fact that he looks like a weasel, sounds like a weasel and complains about every call made during a game, just radiates through his being. Coach K is also associated with Bobby Knight, which is a story of it's own. Krzyzewski is a guy who can win a national title, do great humanitarian work, and still be hated by nearly everyone else who follows college basketball.

1. Christian Laettner- It's hard for me to utter that name, the mere thought of it causes me to go into a deep state of nausea and depression. Do I really have to go into the 1992 Elite 8 game, I really don't want to, and I shall not. Just by looking at his name, you should be infuriated, and want to kick the nearest thing near you. I think it's safe to say that he is by far the number one reason to hate the Duke University Blue Devils. Ughhh.

I can think of other reasons, but these are the ones that really get me, let's hear some more reasons of why you hate Duke.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks, how could I forget to wrongly spell the great JON Scheyer. I realized this later on, my mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. reason 5 totally lame. 8.Cameron Indoor gives students free tickets while UK makes old rich people buy tickets then stick students in mainly nosebleeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you're engaging, but I gotta disagree on number 5, please, explain to me why Duke plays so many white guys, I'm not saying K is racist, but I really just don't get it, they look so weird out there lol. As for free tickets, Duke is a private university with not many very students, and quite frankly, not a whole lot of fans in the Durham area, so therefore they can give tickets away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apparently because they can play and had prefer to go to Duke. Its not like they are not winning with them either. you mean to tell me that past UK teams would not love to have a Singler on their team or even a Scheyer. I just think that players may perfer him as a coach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Listen, I'm not gonna argue, mostly because the post was meant to be humorous. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.theonion.com/articles/mike-krzyzewski,17190/
    Hope you enjoy

    ReplyDelete